1. Drank coffee.
2. Paying work.
3. Coaxed the kitty to eat (you better not stop eating on me, you jerk!). She did eat, just not a lot.
4. Dug a ditch.
5. Filled the ditch with rocks and a drain pipe.
6. Felt inordinately pleased with myself.
6a. It was a small ditch. I don’t care. I’m a weedy copyeditor.
7. Wondered why digging ditches (on the small scale) was more fun than gardening.
8. Did not extend that thought to why it was more fun than writing.
9. Ate lunch (note: this happened before the ditch digging).
10. Did some necessary non-editing, non-writing tasks that will eventually lead to my earning money (yes, I’m beginning an import business in Indonesia).
11. Wrote a blog post.
How was your day?