1. I am fucking grateful that I had a huge argument with DP last night about pretty much nothing. That means we don’t have to argue on Thanksgiving day. It’s good to plan ahead.
2. I am fucking grateful for this rain. Cold water falling from the sky makes going to the compost place to dump all our leaves that much more bracing. And it makes me stay inside and get editing done, because lord knows I have editing to do.
3. I am fucking grateful that I put the new loaf of bread too close to the stove with disastrous results and now I can’t have toast for breakfast like I was planning. I mean, if DP did that, we’d have to have another huge argument over nothing, and I don’t have the time or the energy.
4. I am fucking grateful that it is supposed to rain, then snow, then rain again on Wednesday when I will be driving a few towns north to pick up beautiful local turkeys. It will remind me that I am no longer a delicate southerner who gets vapors when a few flakes fall from the sky.
5. I am fucking grateful that sixteen people are coming to my house in a few short days to be fucking grateful.
Your turn. What are you grateful for?